EXERCISE FOR LIFE
Americans are the most sedentary culture in the world. As a result of such a lazy nation we lead the world in sickness including:
- Heart Disease.
These are just to name a few. The worst thing of all is, that we are passing our lazy habits on to our children, thus resulting in the sickest American culture yet. Experts predict our children will be the first generation to not outlive their parents.
Allow me to make this perfectly clear..
There is absolutely nothing more important in regards to your health and well being than daily exercise.
There are 2 forms of exercise; Aerobic and Anaerobic.
Aerobic exercise is also called cardiovascular exercise which includes: walking, running, jogging, rebounding, stair stepper, elliptical, treadmill, jump rope, etc.
Anaerobic Exercise is also called resistive exercise or weight lifting. This includes free weights, machines, nautilus, rubber bands, circuit training, swimming, core strengthening, Pilates, etc.
The more important of the 2 forms of exercise is weight lifting. Unfortunately the general public believes lifting weights is only for bodybuilders, men, or athletes. Women are under the impression that if they lift weights that they will get unsightly muscles like a bodybuilder. All of these false notions are one of the main reasons that America is in such a poor state of health.
Genes vs. Lifestyle
The highly frustrated medical profession is now blaming genes as the cause of most degenerative diseases. One of the reasons for this is the absolute fact that "scientific" medicine has failed us miserably at preventing most if not all of the degenerative diseases.
China and Japan have the lowest rates of Heart Disease and Cancer. However, when Chinese and Japanese people move to American soil they too develop high incidences of these degenerative diseases. Is it their Genes that are changing with our social interaction, or is it a fact that that their lifestyles are changing as they fall victim to the Standard American Diet and Lifestyle.
Remember when you point the finger at Genes there are three more pointing back to you for Lifestyle.
I learned it from watching you!
Now let's think about our children and their poor state of health. If a child is allowed to grow up eating fast food, waste their time playing video games, spend countless hours watching TV, watch their parents drinking alcohol, coffee, eating junk food while lying around on weekends getting no physical activity, how are they to know any different?
You'd better believe that our children are a product of their environment. They will grow up lazy, overweight, and unproductive. Parents must make a change in themselves if they ever want to save their children's lives.
What if everyday our children were surrounded by positive energy, seeing their parents.
- Reading books instead of mind altering TV or the news.
- Making fresh vegetable juice instead of coffee.
- Going to the gym daily instead of sleeping in.
- Drinking alkaline water instead of energy drinks or soda.
- Making a healthy dinner at home instead of McDonalds.
- Going on hikes on the weekend instead of renting movies.
This form of behavioral conditioning in a child will make all the difference in the world. It is never too late to become a positive role model.
Everyday I hear sick people selling me excuses why they can't exercise.
- I don't have the time.
- My children's activities get in the way.
- Just wait till you have children.
- I am too tired from working all day.
- I don't know how to exercise.
- I can't afford it.
- I am too old.
- I am just way too busy.
The only person believing these excuses is YOU!
Make time for your body now, before your body takes time from you.
If you can't afford to be healthy then you definitely can't afford to be sick!
GET TO WORK
Now with all of the finger pointing and excuses out of the way, it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work.
Jack Lallane, the godfather of fitness says the most important step you can take to better your health is Weight Lifting. Weight Lifting requires unbelievable resolve. It is much easier to hit the snooze alarm than to hit the weights.
Weight lifting requires the 4 D's to succeed:
If you apply the 4 D's of success to weight training you will not only transform your body, you will transform your health.
"People would care much more about their bodies if they walked around naked" - Dr. Wayne
Benefits of Exercise
Most of our chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, arthritis, and cancer, can be traced to lack of exercise, and the obesity caused by the lack of exercise. The human body is built for movement. Every system in your body, from your organs, circulatory and lymph systems, to your muscles and bones, performs best for you when it is moved and stretched regularly.
- Stronger bones: A regular program of weight-bearing exercise will help strengthen bones. Walking, running, jogging, and weight lifting will build bone, increase muscle mass, and create better balance and coordination.
- A better cholesterol profile: Aerobic exercise, which is the kind that gets your heart pumping, can lower your "bad" LDL cholesterol and raise your "good" HDL cholesterol.
- Lower blood pressure: People who exercise are 34% less likely to develop high blood pressure. Brisk half-hour walks three or four times a week can lower blood pressure by 3-15 points in three months.
- Improves circulation: Movement helps blood through the body and helps move toxins out of the body through sweating and lymph drainage. Improved blood circulation can help with heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.
- Prevent and alleviate depression: Exercise can increase levels of brain chemicals called endorphins, which create a sense of well-being and relieve pain, which can help keep depression at bay.
- Healthier joints: Exercise keeps your joints flexible, increases muscle strength around joints to give them greater support, and helps move the toxic byproducts of inflammation out of the joints by improving your circulation.
- Supports the immune system: Exercise in moderation supports the immune system by increasing white blood cells, which help the body fight infection.
- Improves self esteem: People always feel better about themselves when they can look in the mirror and respect the person looking back at them.
- Burns Stress Chemicals: Epinephrine and cortisol are released during times of stress. Exercise successfully eliminates those chemicals from causing disastrous affects on the body.
If we ever want to be a society that does not rely on walkers, canes, wheelchairs, nursing homes and toxic medication; we must start moving our joints and strengthening our muscles.
In the field of fitness there is no better quote than; "If you don't use it, you lose it" or "A rolling stone gathers no moss."
I hope this convinces you and motivates you to stop making excuses; and start walking, join a gym, hire a personal trainer and get to work. Your life depends on it. Remember if health were easy everyone would be achieving it.
If you have been struggling with weight control, it is imperative that you start an exercise program. One of the main factors of weight loss is to make sure to burn more calories than you are consuming. The sedentary lifestyle does not support calorie expenditure. Therefore if you are not burning calories you will store excess body fat. You must be patient with weight loss. I repeatedly hear I am going to the gym but I am not loosing any weight. "The Answer" combined with the "Weight Loss Success System" is a specific program designed to shed pounds and keep them off. Maintaining ideal body weight is the goal. We don't want to just get in shape for a wedding or vacation. We want to get in shape for LIFE! The Weight Loss Success System will teach you how to keep the pounds off permanently.
If you have been exercising and have hit a plateau or want to start an exercise routine and would like a superior jump start, then this program is perfect for you. Anyone can work out for an hour a day, that is the easy part. It's how you live the other 14 hours that makes a difference. "The Weight Loss Success System" will show you what to do with those other 14 hours.
Click here to order The WeightLoss Success System E Book $39.95